This policy was last updated in November 2019.
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
Met Studio Design and our website www.metstudiodesign.com (the “Website”) is operated and managed by Met Studio Design Limited (“Met Studio”, “we”, “us”, “our”). We are a company incorporated in England and Wales (no. 03649906) with our registered address at New Derwent House, 69-73 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8TA. Our main trading address is 6 Maidstone Buildings Mews, 72-76 Borough High Street, London SE1 1GD.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018, we are the controller of your personal data.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We will need to ask you for certain personal information to give you the best possible experience when you receive our services or otherwise engage with us (via our Website, email or otherwise).
We may receive the following personal data from you directly:
- Your contact information (e.g. name, email, phone)
- Your job details (e.g. affiliated company, job title)
- Any other personal information you may send when contacting or corresponding with us.
We may receive the following personal data about you from various third parties as set out below:
- Your payment details (from our payment processors [Stripe]), when you make payment for our services.
- Any personal data you provide through our social media channels (e.g. your name and photos in Facebook comments)
- Automatically collected data regarding your device and browser data stored on it including IP addresses and location data (city, region of the IP address accessing the Website).
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your personal information for the following purposes and legal bases:
Performance of a contract
- To take the necessary steps to sign you up as a client or provide you with our services.
- To communicate with and manage our relationship with you regarding the services. you receive or request from us.
- To deal with any enquiries or requests you make of us.
- To enable you to access our Website and use our services.
Our legitimate interests
- To confirm your identity and authenticate the information you provide for security purposes.
- For our own reporting and analytical purposes to enable us to improve our services and support our customers, including through the use of email performance and click-through tracking.
- For our own record-keeping and general administrative purposes regarding our handling of your personal data and other operational activities.
- To provide you with customer support and resolve any complaints.
- To effectively handle any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Met Studio, or take appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to us.
- To assist with our internal training purposes.
Complying with our legal obligations
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations (including under applicable data protection laws)
- For preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies
- To fulfil our duties to our members, colleagues and other stakeholders.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
We may disclose your personal data with the following third parties:
- Our third party providers of operational and business services, who are authorised to process your personal data on our behalf and pursuant to our instructions as necessary to run our business and provide you with the services you request from us, including our IT, payment and accounting providers
- Any third parties who acquire Met Studio or substantially all of its assets, in which case personal data we hold about you will be one of the transferred assets.
- Any third parties with whom we are required to share your personal data in orer to comply with our legal obligations, to enforce our terms and conditions or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Met Studio, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You may, in circumstances, have the following rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you.
You can exercise all the rights applicable to you by contacting us at the email address below.
You can request to:
- access a copy of the information held about you
- rectify any incorrect or incomplete data we hold about you. It is both in our interest and yours that any personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and current. If the data we hold about you is inaccurate in any way, please contact us to have your personal information corrected.
- delete, restrict or remove the data we hold about you. You can request to temporarily suspend your account or delete it and all personal data about you.
- transfer the data we hold about you to another party.
- object to any further processing of your data, if we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interests, or for direct marketing.
- withdraw your consent to any processing for the purposes outlined under the legal basis of “your consent” under “How we use your information” above.
We will endeavour to respond to your requests within one month and free of charge. Please note that in respect of all these rights, we reserve the right to:
- refuse your request based on the exemptions set out in the applicable data protection laws.
- request for proof of your ID to process the request or request further information
- charge you a reasonable administrative fee for any repetitive, manifestly unfounded or excessive requests.
If we refuse your request to exercise these rights, we will give reasons for our refusal and allow you to challenge our decision. If we have shared your data with others, we will tell them about your request to rectify, erase, restrict or object to the processing where possible. If you ask us, where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your personal data so that you can contact them directly.
If you have any concerns about how we handle your data, please contact us. If you are not satisfied after we’ve tried to resolve your issue, you’ll be entitled to lodge a complaint with our data protection regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
WHERE WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We are an international business with overseas offices in Hong Kong, Singapore and Dubai, and we may occasionally need to send your personal data to these offices. This may mean that your personal data is sent to countries which are subject to differing standards of data protection laws as us.
Where we do need to transfer your personal data to any countries outside the EEA, we ensure that such transfers are made subject to appropriate safeguards as required by applicable data protection laws to ensure that a similar degree of protection is afforded to your personal data, including by ensuring that overseas recipients of your data have been self-certified under the Privacy Shield framework, are located in a country deemed to hold adequacy status or through the use of EU Commission approved standard contractual clauses.
For more details on the safeguards in place for transfers of your Personal Data abroad, including how to obtain copies of these where relevant, please Contact Us using the details below.
HOW WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
Online privacy and security is the most important aspect of any customer service and we take it extremely seriously. We use a variety of the latest technologies and procedures to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, destruction, use or disclosure.
We restrict access to your personal data to those employees, and third parties, who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personal data.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR
We keep your data for as long as it’s necessary to meet the relevant purposes for which we’ve collected your data, including for the purpose of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate length of time for holding your data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm, from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purpose for which we process your data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, along with the applicable legal requirements.